Halloween is fast approaching! Yay! If you have kids, then you know their excitement as they anticipate the costumes and the candy. The City of Aurora offers some advice to residents before heading out for the fun:
City Of Aurora Trick-Or-Treat Hours
Parents are asked to adhere to Aurora’s official trick-or-treat hours which are 4-7:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 31. Please make safety a top priority when collecting Halloween candy this year.
Parents accompanying their children are encouraged to go out earlier when it still is bright outside. Residents should remember the following Halloween safety tips when it comes to costume selection, trick-or-treating and the candy they choose to eat.
- When shopping for costumes, wigs and accessories, look for labels clearly indicating they are flame resistant.
- Carry a flashlight and wear costumes that are bright or reflective while trick-or-treating to help see and others see you. Putting reflective tape on costumes is another option.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Stay on the sidewalks and look both ways before crossing the street; use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Check to make sure swords, knives or other props are made of soft or flexible material.
- Collect candy from homes only with a front porch light on; enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult, otherwise stay outside.
- Verify addresses of sex offenders living in your neighborhood by visitingwww.isp.state.il.us/sor prior to trick-or-treating.
- Bring a cell phone while trick-or-treating in case of an emergency.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats; avoid homemade treats unless you know the cook well.